I have been an artist my entire life, but began my professional fantasy art career when I began to sell ACEOs on eBay in 2006. You may have heard of them, but in case you haven't, ACEO stands for Art, Cards, Editions and Originals. They are miniature paintings measuring 2.5x3.5" and are highly collectible. I was fortunate to be well received in the ACEO community and started to grow a fan base. People started asking for originals and prints in bigger sizes and they also wanted a variety of products featuring my artwork. So I started to branch out and over the past 8 years it has turned into something that I feel so fortunate to have now. My art is collected worldwide and I'm licensed with a variety of different companies. I have also been lucky enough to be published in a book and a few magazines and online publications. I also attend fairs and conventions across the Southeast and have recently had the privilege of having my artwork on the cover of the ImagiCon 2010 program cover!
I have been asked before Why fantasy art? And this is my response: ‘Fantasy art is where my heart lies. I love being able to escape the reality of our world for even just a few hours and enter a new fantasy realm where witches play tricks on Halloween Night, fairies fly around the sweet smelling rosebuds, and mermaids swim gracefully through the water with their dolphin friends. ‘
I mainly use watercolor and ink to create my fantasy fairies, witches, vampires, pirates, steampunk and mermaids and offer my art in many different sizes including ACEO (2.5x3.5"), 5x7", and 8x10". I turn my original art into a variety of items to offer you a fun way to experience my art! I create hand-embellished limited edition prints, custom paintings, magnets, stickers, bookmarks, pocket mirrors, buttons, coloring pages and more! These are all made in my studio and shipped to you by me, the artist!
I feel so privileged to be able to do something that I enjoy so much every day and am thrilled that you have taken the time to read a little bit more about me and my art! Thanks for stopping by!”
- To those of you continue to play along with us every week, thank you so much! We appreciate you sharing your creations with us and truly enjoy your talent!
- To see how the winners and top 3 are selected you may check the “Challenges Rules” tab above for more information.
- The July/August edition of the “Through the Craft Room Door” online magazine, please check HERE.
- If you are interested in subscribing, please check HERE and click on “Magazine Subscription” tab for more information.
- You are invited to submit your cards and projects for our September/October issue. Please check HERE and look under the “Magazine Submissions” tab for information regarding requirements or contact Sandra or Cara at TTCRDmag1@gmail.com.
- If you are interested in becoming a Designer or Guest Designer for “Through the Craft Room Door”, please check out the link HERE for more information.
- If you look at the top of my sidebar, you will see a sneak peek of the July/August issue of our online magazine. The September/October issue will be published sometime around September 20.
AJ’s Design Artz